If you have been camping, you know how easy it is to trip over your things around your tent? Everything you bring must have space to be held. When you know how to create camping storage, it can be easy. Here are our favorite tips to keep you looking like a pro in the great outdoors!
Pack With Intention
If you have ever been camping, you know that your gear can take up a lot of space quickly. With a little bit of planning, you can create room for everything that you need.
- Use a camping inventory list. If you use it on your trip, put it on the list. Then on your trip, keep track of what you have not used. If you never used an item, cross it off the list so you do not carry extra weight on the next trip.
- Items you will need to grab often should be within easy reach. These items include tents, toiletries, sunscreen, and any others that you will need to find daily.
- Multi-use items are a great way to save on space! Choose items like this carabiner that doubles as a firestarter.
Food Prep Preparation
Cooking and eating come with lots of items that can be responsible for a lot of mess. Here is how to keep the clutter at bay around the campfire.
- Rethink your coolers. Do not just stuff everything into one cooler. Use one for food and one for drinks. Cooling racks are a great tool to separate your items from melting ice.
- Plastic hanging shoe organizers can organize many things needed to make your meal. Separate utensils, dish rags, and other cooking tools.
- Scrub your tools when you are done with them and place them into plastic resealable bags so your other things stay clean.
Store Your Camping Supplies
The best way to make sure you have a great camping trip in the future is to leave your supplies improperly unpacked. Keep your gear in good shape by putting in a small amount of effort when you come back.
- Only store your tent when it’s dry. Mold and mildew can easily settle if the tent has moisture.
- Similarly, it is crucial to air out your sleeping bag. Shake out your bag and air it out by hanging on a hanger, laying it out flat, or using a front-loading machine to dry it out.
Do you find yourself thinking you don’t have room for your gear between trips? Self storage is a great solution to create storage space without cluttering your home. We have a wide range of unit sizes. Check out our storage guide to see how we can help you!